If contributing as a community member, complete the following steps.
- If the ticket does not exist, create a JIRA ticket on https://tools.codice.org/jira/ to track changes being made.
- Fork the DDF code on GitHub.
- Clone the forked DDF.
- Create a feature branch in the forked DDF.
- Make changes. Use the JIRA ticket number in the commit message (For example DDF-1000 fixed something). See Git Commit Message Guidelines for more details.
Add the remote repository to clone:
git remote add codice-ddf https://github.com/codice/ddf.git
Fetch the code from the master Codice/DDF repository:
git fetch codice-ddf
Rebase the changes onto the latest commit from Codice/DDF's master branch:
git rebase codice-ddf/master
- Create a pull request in GitHub to pull changes from the fork into Codice/DDF's master branch.
- Fill out the pull request template
- Check the appropriate boxes in the template
- @mention individual reviewers and/or a team in the description.
- Ensure Continuous Integration indicates that the PR will not cause any regressions (test failures).
- When the review is ready @ddf-committers to request a merge
- If a committer has given a thumbs-down the PR may not be merged until the issue is resolved
Additional information can be found here: